Monday, June 7, 2010

WOD - 20100608


Deadlift

Try for a new 1RM.  You have 20 minutes to see if you can set a new personal best.  Try the following progression of percentage of current 1RM.  Warm up with 5 x 50%, then 3 x 57.5%, then single reps of  65%, 72.5%, 80%, 87.5%, 95%, and 102.5% for a new 1RM!



Followed by

Tabata Sit Ups
Three rounds with four minutes rest in between rounds.

 A Tabata Interval (also called a Tabata sequence) is an interval training cycle of 20 seconds of maximum intensity exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated without pause 8 times for a total of four minutes (really it's 3:50).  Keep track of how many sit ups you do in each of the 20 second rounds. The round with the smallest number is your score.  Use kness bent, feet anchored sit ups for this WOD.
Post heaviest squat and lowest round of tabata to comments

I will be at the Northside Fitness Center at 0530 in the Spinning Room for the morning class...i cannot be at a 1700 session, sorry.  If one of the other trainers is available, please post to comments if you want to be at the Northside or Hardstand...sorry for no class in the evening, you are welcome to do the workout on your own, but please be careful with the max effort.

14 comments:

  1. Will do my best to be at the 0530 class this morning, I may just be a few minutes late! Forgot I was taking a friend to the airport this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1rm 340, 10 sit-ups

    ReplyDelete
  3. Results: 400# DL (PR by 15#'s)

    Lowest scores:
    Rd 1: 10
    Rd 2: 13
    Rd 3: 13

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1RM 240lbs, 5lbs short of last week! :( No PR for me today!

    10 sit-ups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chief's scoreboard -

    365lbs deadlift
    10 reps on last set of last round when i fell off like an anchor :(

    Also, i ops checked tomorrow's WOD and it's gonna be AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey would any of the Certified Coaches be interested in running a fundamentals/ intro class? Maybe on a Sat mornings? I know that many of the followers of this blog have a good base but when it comes to PR's being the WOD or any olympic lifting many people run screaming for the hills. I actually had my squat critiqued and found it needed a lot of work. I am working on that before I PR anything.
    A class like this might help others get their feet wet the Crossfit water. It will probably increase the blog's following as well :)
    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1RM 350lbs
    lowest tabata round - 11

    ReplyDelete
  8. 465 on the DL...took a couple attempts but finally got it passed my knees and locked out.

    10 for the sit-ups, all were done unanchored, with abmat, soles of feet together, knees apart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, when I get back home in six weeks, I'd be more than willing to offer up Sat mornings for a fundamental/intro class.

    I think it's vitally important that we as coaches are available to timid newbie's looking to start or gain more knowledge about CrossFit. Do you know of any individuals interested in such a class?

    Additionally, with the increased number of coaches we have, we could share the load. This would alleviate one person from having to shoulder the effort of increasing our CrossFit community. My suggestion would be to have a specific availability time slot [class]. We coaches could come up with a schedule and commit to one Sat a month, possibly every two months with the amount of coaches we have. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be interested in a beginner class! Some instruction on lifts would boost my confidence to take off with Crossfit.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested in a fundamentals/intro class but would have my kids with me every other Sat...

    I was going to do Wed WOD but thought I would hurt myself because I've never done a Power Snatch before

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just did this workout today. 185 lbs for 1 RM (it was a PR) and 14 for the sit-ups

    ReplyDelete